Welcome to the website of the NGO Branch, Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, UN DESA. We support the work of the Committee on NGOs of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), the intergovernmental body responsible for granting consultative status with ECOSOC to non-governmental organizations (NGOs). There are currently 4,507 (NGOs) in active consultative status with (ECOSOC)
[list]. Information regarding applications for consultative status, participation in meetings and events at the United Nations, accreditations and other matters is currently available in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
You can also subscribe to our monthly email newsletter, DESA NGO News, which is currently available in English, for up-to-date news and information about outcomes of key meetings and participation in activities and upcoming events at the United Nations, among others.
- Webinar on Engaging Youth in the Implementation of Agenda 2030 (7 December 2016 - 11:00a.m. to 12:30p.m. EST)
- Join Facebook chat: How can climate change resilience bring opportunities to reduce inequalities?
- President of the seventy-first session of the United Nations General Assembly
- ECOSOC Coordination and Management Meeting - Summary of discussions
- Join DESA ASG Thomas Gass in Twitterchat on SDGs!
- 2016 Resumed Session of the Committee on NGOs
- Register to attend Habitat III - PrepCom3, 25 - 27 July 2016 in Surabaya, Indonesia, as well as apply for side events, parallel events and exhibitions
- 2016 ECOSOC High-Level Segment - Open Call for Oral and Written Statements (28 March - 15 April 2016)
- 2016 ECOSOC e-Discussion: Implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development - 29 February to 25 March 2016
- Call for NGO input toward Secretary-General's report on inclusion and accessibility for persons with disabilities at the United Nations
- Regular session of the Committee on NGOs concludes with the adoption of its report on 16 February 2016
- 15th session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration Open Call for Oral and Written Statements (Deadline: 31 March 2016)
- 26-27 November: Global Sustainable Transport Conference, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- 3 December: International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD)
- 15-18 January: UN World Data Forum, Cape Town, South Africa
- 30 January - 8 February: 2017 Regular Session of the Committee on NGOs
- 30 - 31 January: Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum
- 1 - 10 February: 55th Session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD55)
- 15 - 16 February: United Nations Conference to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14 - Preparatory Meeting
- 6 - 17 March: 12th Session of the Committee on Enforced Disappearances
- 6 - 29 March: 119th session - Human Rights Committee
- 13 - 24 March: Sixty-first session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW61)
- 3 - 7 April: 50th Session of the Commission on Population and Development (CPD50)
- 8 - 10 May: 2017 Integration Segment of ECOSOC
- 5 - 9 June: United Nations Conference to Support the Implementation of Sustainable Development Goal 14: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development